Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I expect to wait for my number plates?
We begin working on your plates pretty much as soon as we receive the order.
Under normal circumstances, number plates are dispatched the same or next working day from us receiving your order.
Delivery usually takes between 1-3 working days.
I do not see the size I require, can you accommodate?
With our CNC routing technology, there is not a size of number plate that we cannot create. As we use a CNC router to cut our number plates, the corners are rounded and the edges are smooth just as you would expect with any other size of number plate. If our site cannot give you the size you want then we're here for you. Give us a call or fill out the contact form. We will be more than happy to assist you. Be assured, we are happy to create a plate shape or size that will display the number plate digits at the legal size.
Are you registered with the DVLA to make number plates?
Yes, we are and have been since the Register Of Number Pate Suppliers (RNPS) was set up on the 10th April 2018. Our registration number is: 57073.
Will my number plates arrive pre-drilled?
No, they will not. All vehicles have their fitting holes in different places and for this reason we do not pre-drill your number plates. We always recommend that you use the sticky pads provided.
Will the warranty cover my plates If I have drilled through or close to the lettering?
No, sorry as the lettering is very delicate. Please do not drill through the lettering or very close to the lettering as it can cause the character to come off the plate. We always recommend that you use the sticky pads provided or purchase some more sticky pads for a better piece of mind.
How long do I have to cancel my order?
Number plates are a bespoke item and are made especially for you and nobody else. At Sweven Plates, to ensure that we keep our customers happy with rapid delivery times, we start on an order as soon as it is received. Therefore it is not possible to cancel or amend an order which has been placed on either the internet or the telephone. You should be sure when placing an order that you do in fact wish to place one and that you place it correctly using all the correct details.
As Number Plates are a bespoke item, therefore we are unable to offer a full refund, we can however refund the cost of your postage, accessories, and fitting kits if they are unused/unopened.
Do you take telephone orders?
If you do not wish to order on the website then please do call us and we will be more than happy to take your order by telephone with your credit/debit card as payment.
How can I space my registration?
The number plate has to be spaced the way it appears on the logbook.
If you are unsure, feel free to chat with us and one of our customer assistants will be able to guide you.
Do you offer discounts for regular, trade, or bulk orders?
Yes, please call or email us so we can discuss you’re requirements.
Do your plates include your legal details?
Yes, the details are printed at the bottom of the plate in small writing. The details are “Sweven WF13 2HD BSAU 145e” . This is a legality as it means the police or authorities can check if they are genuine and your vehicle will pass MOT. We do not use this for advertising that’s why we keep it so small.
Do I need to send In documents?
Yes! We know this may cause you inconvenience, however it is a legal requirement.
Legally required documents we can accept to confirm your identity.
We need to see one document to confirm your identification (This is the identification for the person placing the order)
- Driving license, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (UK) (with or without a photo)
- A bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only)
- A bank or building society statement
- A passport, whether or not issued in the UK* a national identity card issued by the government of a state or territory other than the UK
- A debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
- A police warrant card or an armed forces identity card
Legally required documents we can accept to confirm your entitlement.
We need to see one document to confirm entitlement for the registration number (this document doesn’t need to match the I.D of the person placing the order, for instance if you are placing the order for someone else)
- Vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- New keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- Retention document (V778) – not applicable in Northern Ireland
- A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- Temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- A number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- An electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
- A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate